Ajmer Government Museum

Government Museum is housed in the 16 Cent. Akabar's Fort. Established by Central British Administration as provincial museum of Rajputana, it was formally opened on 19 Oct., 1908 by Major Colvin .Pandit Gauri Shankar Hirachand Ojha was the first Superintendent.

Its collection includes 652 stone sculptures, 84 inscriptions, 3986 coins, 18 metallic objects, 149 miniature paintings, 75 arms & armour, 363 teracottas and 128 objects of local art & craft and pre-historic objects.